We are delighted to be in a position to be able to offer our Year 10 students a one-week work experience in 2022.
As well as focusing on Gatsby Benchmark 6 - Experiences of the workplace, work experience also promotes the following:
- Building confidence and self esteem
- Developing communication and social skills
- Helping make informed decisions with regard to Post-16 education or work
- Gaining experience to support future job or college applications
- Learning new skills
- Learning to work with adults
- Learning to follow instructions and work on initiative
- Team work and co-operation skills
The work experience will take place between Monday 26th June and Friday 1st July 2022. In the first instance students are encouraged to find their own placement (there must be Employer Liability Insurance in place), and then enter details on Aspire. If this is not possible students will be offered the fully matched service provided by Aspire. Specific support for SEND students will be available through Mrs Mills and Mr Townsend.
All students and families were provided with their individual log in information in July 2021 via email and given a paper copy to take home.
Students also attended an assembly with Mrs Starkey. Please see the link to this assembly at the bottom of this page.
Work experience will now be offered every year, to all students at Rye College during Year 10.
For further information contact Mrs Starkey via email@example.com.